Touchpad works but cannot get my wireless mouse to work

Customer Question
Touchpad works but cannot...

Touchpad works but cannot get my wireless mouse to work unfortunately ...prefer using mouse over the touchpad ANY DAY ....!! HATE TOUCH PAD not sure what happened period that got me to this point ?

Technician's Assistant: Have you switched the mouse (or mouse receiver) to different ports to see if that helps?

I own a Gateway laptop

Technician's Assistant: Does moving the mouse closer to the receiver make any difference?

Nope it is a wireless iHome mouse

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really just want to figure out what I can do to get the mouse to simply work again ....it is driving me crazy ....

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

How old is the wireless mouse?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

less than a year old

When did you last change the batteries in the mouse?

I do NOT have $39 bucks to spend or spare for something as stupid as you assiting me on a mouse problem I do not recall the last time I switched out the batteries ....I do not want to get charged for your help on a problem like this ...it is NOT a huge issue I will look else where if I have to spend that kind of money for a answer for a mouse situation ....talk about highway robbery !! $39 bucks whew !! I DON'T THINK SO !!

I assume that you are referring to the automatic offers that come up on the page. You don't have to click them.

Nobody on this page works for free. I am sorry for the confusion.