I cannot get it to come back on line through wifi. continues…

Customer Question
I cannot get it...

I cannot get it to come back on line through wifi. continues to sat that eather net cable broken or missing

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I will need to buy one. We have always been on wifi. ATT

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

1 green

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

We will be leaving AT&T but will still want to use wifi

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your router from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

And please provide the model number of your router please.

I will have to continue later. Left for work. Is that possible?
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Sure, write back to me whenever you are comfortable, if am available I'll respond to you ASAP.

Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

help is still needed
Hello Josh,
Again, I still need the help

What is the make/model of the device?

Also, what is the exact error message?

It is a Gateway. It will not connect to the enter net. The only connection that it shows is airplane mode. Nothing else shows for a connection

Are you able to turn off airplane mode?

No
Airplane mode is not on. When I try to connect it to wifi, everything disapears except airplane mode.
HOW CAN YOU CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER WHEN IT IS NOT ON LINE?
re you still there?!
Disregard. Help no longer needed!