I want to print a label from my chromebook to my HP ENVY…

Customer Question
I want to print...

I want to print a label from my chromebook to my HP ENVY 5661 but can't it keeps the doc as a pdf and wants google print it I am stumped since I not able to add my printer?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Because of the way chrome books are made you cannot connect a printer in the same way you would a windows computer since chrome books do not run windows. That said there is a way around this but it will take some set up. You need to set up google cloud print to print to your printer. I will provide a link with instructions you can follow.

Ok at the following link run through the instructions to get your printer ready to be able to print from your chrome book. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Here is the link to the instructions. https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7225252?hl=en

Thank you.

that is not helpful

Did you not understand the instructions or is there some other guidance I could give?

no your service is not necessary now thank you

Since you have a wireless printer you should just need to follow the instructions I provided, step 2 specifically to add the printer.