I want to delete all of my promotions messages at once. It…

Customer Question
I want to delete...

I want to delete all of my promotions messages at once. It is easy to do on other mail type accounts with a "Delete-all" command How about Google?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Google

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Either through my I-phone or on my home computer a lap-top

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no trouble deleting one at a time But there are too many for that. i didn't even sign up for these

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me via which program you are accessing Gmail on your computer?

Please let me know

Thank you

Google

ok, thats a company, do you mean via your web browser?

I do not know on my I phone
I do most of my e-mail via laptop

Thanks

On your computer, click on the Gear wheel top right in Gmail then settings.

Then you click on Filters.

You create a new filter, choose the from address as the promotions, this way it will collect all emails from that address.

You then choose as the action to delete this.

Save it as the filter and it will delete the emails from that address.

Please let me know how you go

thank you

Wow, that is a long process

I understand, and am sorry about that, it is just the way Gmail does it, other services are better at it such as outlook.com, this is just Gmails way.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you