Can I connect my Yoga Idea Pad 13 to my monitor and run it…

Customer Question
Can I connect my...

Can I connect my Yoga Idea Pad 13 to my monitor and run it with the laptop closed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

All update installed. If I try to run it connected to my monitor with the cover open, it runs at a low resolution. When I try and run it with the cover closed, it runs VERY SLOW at the higher resolution of my large monitor.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you run it with the cover open, are you able to increase the resolution at all?

If you do, does it slow down also?

It run fast with the screen open and VERY SLOW with it closed

Ok, do this and tell me if it improves it please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me how it performs please

Waiting for the scan to complete. Still at 13% and holding. 12:24 am here. Will contact you tomorrow...

No problem, let the scan complete please

Till tomorrow and sleep well.

Richard...
I ran the requested tests and I can connect to my monotor, but it is not running properly. It connects at 1600 x 900. It should connect at 1920 x 1080. I can get it to do this, but it runss at a VERY SLOW speed when the laptop is closed.The big issue is to be able to connect to my monitor and run my computor with it connected to the monitor at 1920 x 1080 at a normal speed. If you think you can do this, I will pay for the Secure Remote Assistance .
ARE YOU THERE?

Hi there

Sorry it was a day later before you replied and I was not online.

It looks to be a limitation on the power of the graphics adapter you have, did it ever run fast before?