My camera is not working but my settings says its on and…

Customer Question
My camera is not...

My camera is not working but my settings says its on and should be working

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your camera?

I have a Lenovo computer and I'm trying to use that one

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your camera?

I wanted to skype but it would not let me use my camera so i went to settings and it said that its on and working on skype too but its not letting me use it when i try to skype or take any type of pitcure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

what version of windows is installed on the Lenovo

windows 10

when was the camera working fine the last time

or is it the first time you are trying to use it

well if used for facebook before but now its not working for anything but the settings says it should be working

in the windows search box type camera and open the camera app

let me know does it show a blank screen or some error or your image

it shows an image a camera that's crossed out and then if i flip it it shows a black screen

got it. in the windows search box type device manager and open it from search results

under imaging devices, let me know what is listed for camera

it easy camera and when i clicked on it and it says its working properly

right click on easy camera and click on uninstall

then restart computer once

after that test the camera and let me know

you can reopen this chat from justanswer email by clicking on view response or else you may save this page to favorites

let me know the status once you have tried

It worked thank u

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist