I have a hp desktop printer 5940 model c9017a which is not…

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp desktop printer 5940 model c9017a which is not contacted to my apple computer. according to manual my print cartridge status lights keeps on blinking

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacOS sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the hp print cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I had connected the printer today as we were doing home renovations so the printer has been unplugged for approximately. 3 weeks. When I plugged in today the printer is not connecting with the computer?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
maybe cancel the support And I will go to a store and buy myself a new printer as this one was purchased 2005. Its no use fixing something its out dated and ill have problem later on?
Thank you
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

First, try removing all ink cartridges and reinsert them securely again.

Power off the printer for a few minutes, then power it on and check the status of the lights.

If the lights continue to blink, check for any internal blockages.