I am using a HP Pavilion, Dual Core PC. My PC original came…

Customer Question
I am using a...

I am using a HP Pavilion, Dual Core PC. My PC original came with WIN 8.21. I updated to WIN 10 about 2 years ago. I am using a Metered Connection. However, each time I attempt (after 1st changing to an Unmetered Connection) to installed the update, WIN 10 fails to complete the download and I receive the below msg from MS. The update seems to make several attempts to load but fails to do so. I end up with an absorbent amount of data usage and no update!
WIN 10
Your device needs the latest security updates
Microsoft can't install important security updates on your PC until you install the most current version of Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

I initially installed WIn 10 and don't believe I have ever been able to install WIN 10 update.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I would appreciate written direction as I would prefer to install during off peak hours.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

You would need to turn off Metered connection for Updates to download

To turn it off, follow these steps:

1. Search in the start menu for “Change Wi-Fi settings”
  2. Click Advanced Options.
  3. Disable the toggle under “Metered connection.”
In my initial statement I informed you that when trying to update Win 10 I DO disable the metered connection and would appreciate written instruction from you so I would be able to make the installation on off hours
no! just email the written instruction to me.
Please email written instruction, as requested.