I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO SOME ONE WHO CLAIMES TO BE A BESTBUY…

Customer Question
I HAVE BEEN TALKING...

I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO SOME ONE WHO CLAIMES TO BE A BESTBUY REPRESENTATIVE. hE TOOK MY COMPUTER AND RAN . NOTED ALL MY MICRO SOFT PROTECTION WAS OF. THANSFERED ME TO A TECHNICIAN WHO WOULD FIX MY PROBLEMS FOR 500$. IS THIS PART OF BEST BUY GEEK SERVICE?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft product do you have?

MICOSOFT 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Microsoft product?

Every thing. They ran a diagnostic and noted that multiple attacks had been made with 3 connected. I was told only there certified tech could remove these hacks. They kept saying they were authorized buy Best buy. Their work would be done for 500$ is this part of best buy. Geek squad.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes my problem is I cant get my in put screen to show my icons

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

An increasing number of computer users are receiving similar phone calls and some — afraid of potential data loss and device damage — are surrendering their bank account information in the hope this will protect their tech.

If you get such a call, we’re here to tell you — hang up. It is a SCAM!!!

Microsoft does not do that nor do they have partners who do that nor do they hire sub-contractors or people or even get volunteers to do that. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Cybercriminals pretending to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad, or any other nationally-recognized tech company call their intended victims, claim they’ve scanned their computers remotely and found viruses on them. Relying on computer users’ fear of viruses, data loss and identity theft, they trick people into giving them actual access to the computer.

Once the scammer has access to the victim’s system, they will often show the user scary looking error messages on the machine, require immediate payment to cleanup the “dangerously infected” computer and install more “protection” software onto the system. Chances are they’ll take the opportunity to install other bits of malware to capture the victim’s online shopping or banking information.

Check the link below for more information.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>