I have a surface 3 E. When the charger cable is plugged in…

Customer Question
I have a surface...

I have a surface 3 E

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

When the charger cable is plugged in it will not fully charge and the message says "connected but not charging"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Surface 3

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Try removing and reinstalling the battery driver. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and in the search results, select Device Manager. Select Batteries category. Click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, select the Driver tab, and select Uninstall. After the uninstall is complete, install Surface and Windows updates.

Let me know if that resolves the problem.

Ty...could it also be the charger cable itself?

It could very well be that but I didn't want you to spend the money needlessly until we checked this first.

It could also be a failed battery.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!