Powercord has been loose since the ASUS laptop was

Customer Question
Powercord has been loose...

Powercord has been loose since the ASUS laptop was purchased. Sent the laptop back to ASUS and it was returned with the powercord still loose. Please advise.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

Don't know. My University IT guy has it in his office.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

The IT guy just on Windows when first purchased in August. Then I noticed the powercord. The IT guy hadn't noticed. Then it was shipped to ASUS and sent back to the wrong location then it was found again and now today I went to pick up the laptop and the powercord is still loose--nothing has changed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will ASUS fix the powercord connection after all this time has passed? Is it covered under warranty? Can I take the laptop and work on it (has never been used as yet) for a month and then ship it off or will that jeopardize the warranty or do damage to the computer. I don't want to begin using this new laptop with a loose powercord.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Can you give me bit more detail on this like from which end it is loose . Is it is working fine and charging your laptop after holding it firmly ? When did you purchase it ?

The actual connection between the cord and laptop is loose. If you just even tip the computer the cord falls out. The university purchased this in August and has never been used. It charges the laptop I think, but again I haven't used this laptop for any length of time. I immediately notice the loose powercord and asked IT to send it back to Best Buy.

The best thing you can do in this case if to have a chat with Asus Support staff and let them know that even replacement did not solve your problem. They may ask you serial number and other information which you can find in your original bills. Please use below link to talk to them and get this sorted.

https://icr-am.asus.com/webchat/icr.html?rootTreeId=AM.US.EN-US&treeId=AM.US.EN-US.Notebook&tenantId=EN-US&_ga=2.215123095.1449110522.1512999495-2121532591.1512999495

Other options :-

Please check how far is this location from your place :-

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/Service-Center/Canada%20(English)

If it is close, you can go there personally and show them where exactly the problem is.

Else you can call them as well (This number is ***** to your mode of purchase):-

1-***-***-****

Does this answers your question ? Do you need any other information on this ?

Does your issue still persist ?

I have opened my rating for you , Please rate me by scrolling up to the top of your page and clicking on stars .