Windows just did a compulsory update and since then I can…

Customer Question
Windows just did a...

Windows just did a compulsory update and since then I can get video but no sound on my hdmi

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

It is an Acer laptop sound plays ok on tv or dvd but not from computer though nothing was changed it says hdmi sound is not connecxted

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

Lap top to tv, which are not working but did and tv to surround which did but no longer play somehow this is related to the update and it removed all my system restore settings as well.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your Acer laptop?

Happened at 9 pm. Not sure how to update the sound driver on the Acer. would be appreciative of advice afraid of scam updates can you recommend a legit one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I hope that works. I don't know what else to ask

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right and choose playback devices.

Select the TV (hdmi) and set it as default

Tell me if you then get sound please

Thank you