I am getting lockups regularly and have to remove all power…

Customer Question
I am getting lockups...

I am getting lockups regularly and have to remove all power and reboot. the battery does not seem to be charging so i have to stay on power source .. if the power cord gets moved .. it will drop power and lock the pc and then i have to reboot how can i determine if the problem is the battery or the power source connection?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I have a p550c

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 p550c

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Been consistently over the last 3 weeks ... happening about 5 times every 3 hours

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Way to often to get real work done

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Check that all connections along the power cord are secure.

The socket on the laptop where the power cord connects to it may be worn if it is losing the connection when moved.

If the battery is not holding a charge then it will need to be replaced.