I cannot scan documents from my printer. It used to work…

Customer Question
I cannot scan documents...

I cannot scan documents from my printer. It used to work automatically

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

I think there may b e.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never unless it happened automatically

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No it has worked fine for several years recently it would not work. My disc drive is inoperative so I cannot reinstall the printer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Which Windows version do you have, 7, 8, 10?

What is exact make and model of printer?

Is printer connected via Ethernet cable, USB cable or Wireless?

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.