Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

Google Drive is impossible to work with, but I am trying

Customer Question

Google Drive is impossible to work with, but I am trying Google's directions and nothing works. I want to change sync preferences and empty Trash which Google says is full.
JA: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?
Customer: My desktop
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Windows 7, PC
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I decided yesterday that I wanted to back up data on my desktop so that I can access from my wife's computer. Now I am being asked to pay for more storage and I want to change preferences to sync, but nothing works.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Log into your Google Drive account, click Trash, select the files you want to delete, then right-click and click Delete forever.

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

To change the sync preferences, click on the Google Drive icon on your computer, then select Preferences.

Here you can check the box next to "Only sync some folders to this computer."

Select which folders you'd like to sync to your Google Drive folder, then click Apply changes. The folders you do not check will not sync back to your computer.