My Windows 10 Dell Desktop used to boot to a screen where I…

Customer Question
My Windows 10 Dell...

My Windows 10 Dell Desktop used to boot to a screen where I could sign on, however, it now has a new screen before the signon screen that has the message: "Incorrect user name or password......" with an "OK" button. I click "OK" and the boot proceeds to my normal sign on screen. Is there a way to get rid of the new, extra screen? I've read up on it and nothing seems definitive for solving the problem.

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Hold on and let me check

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dell? What have you tried so far?

Dell Inspiron 580 Core i5

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

Dont click on the fake user name and password ***** scammer is trying to steal your windows login user name and password ***** they will offer you to check the problem offering remotely check after that they will lock your computer till you give $500 or they may ask more its a scam and a threat to crash your computer.

Microsoft and Apple do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.
Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their malware removal “services”