Trying to run a Powerpoint presentation using a VGA

Customer Question
Trying to run...

Trying to run a Powerpoint presentation using a VGA projector

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PowerPoint?

Have a new Microdoft Office 365 with this new Lenovo Ideapad 320

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Bought an HDMI to VGA adapter but it does not seem to work.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Is it only your laptop the VGA is not recognizing or is it all laptops -- Did you try using a Different laptop? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kumar

VGA projector works fine with VA cable and my old HP laptop.I bought a VGA to HDMI converter for the cable to use it on my new Lenovo laptop.which does not have VGA output. It has HDMI, USB, USB-C, RJ45 ports.
I SOLVED the problem! When HDMI is used it disables the audio out jack....you have to go to "playback devices and "disable sound" for the HDMI (VGA) device.
Now the video works and the audio jack works!Cancel my FREE TRIAL and my account!Please confirm to***@******.***