I was online a few minutes ago. My printer will not work…

Customer Question
I was online a...

I was online a few minutes ago. My printer will not work properly. If you go to the system config. on my computer is shows that there are many Microsoft drivers that are not working. The printer will print but some lines turn out to be very faint and others will have a strike through through the line, then there are whole paragraphs that are very faint and hardly readable

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB. Now earlier today, I was asked to disconnect both ends of the USB which I did with no change in the printing quality. Then I was asked to put the USB into a different port on the computer still no change. I was then asked to unplug the power cord and plug it back in with still no change. The Microsoft drives are shown in the system config.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have had a contract with Geek Squad which is part of Best Buy and I believe that they may have up dated them a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

If I print a photograph on photo quality paper,it has a bluish or a purplish tinge to it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask which version of Windows you are using on the computer? Also, what is the brand and model name of your printer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason