How do I change my microsoft password. My Xbox one will not…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change my microsoft password

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My Xbox one will not let me play

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop loading games?

Well I had not used it for about 10 months or so and now it seems to have all changed

Technician's Assistant: What happens when you try to play other games or media (CD's, DVD's, etc.)?

It wants my microsoft pass word and I don't remember it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Probably but I can't think of anything at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you want to reset your Microsoft password ***** this case please follow the below steps:

• Go to the https://account.live.com/password/reset.

• Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.

• Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.

• Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.

• If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password. Learn more about security info and security codes.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you