Can you tell me about digitech, supposebly a software

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me about digitech, supposebly a software company that fixes antivirus problems on your computer? are they legitimate. Do i have external and internal software that needs to be addressed for hacking?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I was told that i have been hacked or am at great risk. I am not computer savvy. How do I know i am at risk since I use my computer for bill paying and all banking.

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I was last on line two days ago and I do not show any problems. I was told by Digitech technician that I need to buy internal and external software to protect my computer. they said each package is $300

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus call by a malicious party and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call and provide fake alerts/popups to try and trick users into allowing them access to their PCs and paying for their scam "services."

Microsoft will never call users on their own unless their services are specifically requested. Your system is just fine as long as you do not communicate with these parties or allow them access in any way; just ignore these types of calls and emails as they come.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,

I gave them both my and my husbands e-mail addresses. How can they get access to my computer? they took control and have been showing me information that says i am at risk. I am now concerned since I do banking on this computer> Digitech gave me a(###) ###-##### to call.

PS: Please ignore and close any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. Typing up further steps here; we do not need to do a remote session for your issue.

I see; as long as you only provided them with your email addresses, they have no way of accessing your computer itself. If you did not download anything they prompted you to and/or provide any payments for their services, you should be safe. Just do a restart on the computer to make sure they are not connected in any way; that's all.

Also, you may simply disregard any alerts they showed supposedly related to your computer; they are all fake. Your computer has not been affected in any way. You may also run a full system scan using this free tool to get rid of any and all infections:

www.malwarebytes.com

Do let me know if you have further questions or concerns. Thank you,

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,