I have a Desk top computer the IT people where I worked set…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Desk top computer the IT people where I worked set it up so that I had to log in via the company server. During a resent visit our grandson entered the wrong password ***** now I am unable to gain accent to the computer. Since I am now retired and living in Spain, I made a request to the company to rest my password, as I no longer work for them they ignored my request and now I have no way to use this computer, is ther a Way that I can gain access what do I need to do to get the computer back so it can be used?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is not a laptop it is a desk top.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I cannot gain access to the computer because the company shut it down because incorrect passwords were entered

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not sure what else you need

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 4 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

You can reinstall Windows from scratch, set your own account and password ***** use the PC.

is there a label on the PC somewhere that tells you which version of Windows it has license to?

It is Windows 7

If license code is listed there, you can download Windows 7 from Microsoft and reinstall it on PC.

here is the link to Microsoft instructions and download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

I am not on the computer that has a problem and I have no idea how you can access the computer that has the problem?

you would have to do this on another PC, all the steps that I have provided..

By the way, what is the exact make and model of desktop? I will check if there is a way do do it from recovery partition if its available in your PC..

OK but I don't have the CD and I can not get into the computer to download it from the Microsoft web site

what is the exact make and model of desktop? I will check if there is a way do do it from recovery partition if its available in your PC..

When I open up I am denied access so ther is now way I can get into the computer

Yes, I understand..

what is the exact make and model of desktop? I will check if there is a way do do it from recovery partition if its available in your PC

It is a Dell computer, it is housed in the garage and since it is past midnight I can't get the model type sorry

ok, check this guide, it will show how to get into recovery partition and reset PC to factory settings: https://neosmart.net/wiki/dell-recovery-partition/

Many thanks to your help but it won't help me as I cannot get into the computer it is completely locked so I can't get on line at all.
I am currently working off my IPad to communicate with you

You do not need to get online on that PC. Read steps I provided on any other device, then follow them on that PC to reinstall Windows on Dell.

OK Thanks will try and see what I can do I am not that experienced with this technology bye and God night

You are welcome, let me know if you will have more questions

I noticed that you have charged me for a monthly subscription for you advice, I did not sign up for that and since the advice you have given so far did not help, I thought that I had a seven dat free trial therefore I see no reason for you to charge me, please ensure that you refund the payment you made to my card and cancel all future payments. I don't think that you quite understood my problem and the advice B given was of no value to me to solve my issue. Thanks for trying but now make sure that you refund and cancel any future payments. Thanks David

Hello, subscription is optional and seems like you signed up for it, to cancel, please contact Customer service HERE.

Advice I gave you will work if you go via each step with recovery, or if that is not available, use download Windows 7 link

UranIT
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator