Have a Toshiba Satellite L-500; turns on however screen is…

Customer Question
Hi, Have a Toshiba...

Hi, Have a Toshiba Satellite L-500; turns on however screen is black - how can I remove the fixed hard drive? Have tried using an HDMI cable to tv to access screen - that doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

No - would I use an HDMI cable for that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, if I can access the hard drive - that's the immediate fix then I can return the laptop to Toshiba (still in warranty).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it is a hardware issue (defective hdd or motherboard) and will need to be repaired or replaced.

You can try a power reset just to be sure, if that fails then it is definitely hardware issue.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your computer will work normally again.

Try these steps please> disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.

If you have any contents that are on the hard drive they may possibly be able to recover important documents or images.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

did that work for you?