I am barely tech literate (age 75)and cannot follow the tech…

Customer Question
I am barely tech...

I am barely tech literate (age 75)and cannot follow the tech instruction to find my password

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Mac do n ot know model. It is a desk type.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

I do not know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I have pass keys but do not know how to navigate

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, but do not know enough to say. Lewis

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Can you please let me know the details of your need? Which password ***** want to find? An Email account password ***** something else? Please give every details.

Regards
Jins

System password
not interested

That means you can't login to the Mac computer because you forgot the password?

1. Turn off your Mac.
  2. Press the power button while holding down Command and R keys. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
  3. Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
  4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  5. Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
  6. Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
  7. Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
  8. Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
  9. Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
  10. Click Save.
  11. A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
  12. Click Apple > Shut Down.

Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.