Yesterday Microsoft updated my windows 10. When it booted…

Customer Question
Yesterday Microsoft updated my...

Yesterday Microsoft updated my windows 10. When it booted back up it booted the wrong user. The user it selected was an old one. I do not have or remember the password ***** this user .... This is my home / business laptop with all my current files and programs on it. Help... How can I get back in? I spoke to Microsoft in INDIA last night to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

HP Pavillion Gold

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not. It was working fine yesterday morning. Then MS installed a Windows 10 update and now I have the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Maybe the can tell me how to retrieve any old passwords or get into the system.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. By default, Windows 10 loads the most recent user account that was used to sign in. The list of available user accounts is shown in the bottom-left corner of the screen. In this list, click or tap the user account that you want to switch to and then enter the login details. Windows 10 requests the last thing that was used to sign in: the password, the PIN or the picture password. Please refer this page for detailed instruction.

Regards
Jins