PayPal is telling me I have been hacked and I need to

Customer Question
PayPal is telling me...

PayPal is telling me I have been hacked and I need to pay$150.00 before they can do anything. Please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

What do you mean

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

I sold s doll 2 weeks ago and I called to see why I couldn't transfer my money and someone on the phone said I couldn't get it because I was hacked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise you to not follow the instructions in the notification. Asking $150 is more like the behavior of a scammer.

Give me a few more details, so that I can be sure of this, and advise you for certain as to what to do.

All I want to know is what is going on I want to transfer my money for selling s doll

I'm not Paypal, I'm working for and with JustAnswer. I cannot directly tell what is going on, to be honest.

What is the exact form of the message - email, a popup, an appearance on the Paypal web page, or something else?