I am installing upgrades to Windows 10 and the process

Customer Question
I am installing upgrades...

I am installing upgrades to Windows 10 and the process appears to have been hung up for 2 hours, with nothing on the screen but the little balls going around in a circle. What should I do? Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

The screen is black except for the circle. I was asked by Microsoft multiple times to install upgrades and this morning gave the go ahead. I have Windows 10 running on an Acer computer.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have?

Acer computer model Aspire ES 15

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have paid for Support from Microsoft. I have my password *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Please do this now:

Disconnect the power charger from the laptop and remove the battery from the back as well (if removable.)

Next, press and HOLD down the Power button for a full 30 seconds and then release.

Next, press the Power button once again - does it boot up all right now?

Do keep me posted below; I'll stand by.