I have an Epson Stylus SX215, but the installation disc

Customer Question
HI I have an...

HI I have an Epson Stylus SX215, but the installation disc which came with it is for the Stylus SX210. I am having difficulty entering set up mode to change the cartridge. Are you able to advise please?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I have a brand new Acer ASpire 5 which is an i7 and wonder if it is because it is USB 3.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?

Started today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

Sorry what is a jo-1017?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The maintenance tool via Control Panel has stopped working. I cannot see the ink cartridge display, although I did spot yesterday that the yellow and black were about to expire. But no message has come up to ask me to change the cartridges. But the printer is currently asking me to change the black one.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean the panel on the front of the printer is not responding at all?

Please let me know

It says the black is expended offering the green start button to proceed. But when I press start it just says replave ink cartridge offering the start buttton again
I do not want to securely connect tthank you

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

It has made no difference.

The panel will still not respond to anything?

No

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Unable to remove the ink as it is locked

You will need to move it by hand please, power it off first and remove power

I am unable to do that. There is no blockage as it was working perfectly this morning. Please consider alternative.

If you cannot access the cartridge and clean it out there is no alternative, you need to move it to the middle

What is the reference to updating the
"Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017"

Not sure what your last message means sorry but this issue is not related to your computer.

This is from earlier in the conversation. Your Pearl Wilson mentioned it.

I do not know, but you can ignore it

Thanks for your help I am going now as I need to research a new printer

Ok... but you mean you are going to go an purchase a new printer rather than work with me to fix this one?

You are asking me to do damage to the printer which I am not prepared to do. The cartridge assembly is locked tightly in place. I need to get the printer technology itself to force the system to allow me to change the cartridge.

No this wont damage it, and if you really cannot move it, it means the drive assembly ahs seized which is the issue.

I advise you to do this rather then just go and get a new printer.