I just found my old Zune and would like how to recover the…

Customer Question
I just found my...

I just found my old Zune and would like how to recover the music stored on it. Don't know what to do. I haven't used it in a few years. Is there any hope?

Technician's Assistant: What Zune model do you have?

I have the packaging but don't know where to look for the information. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Zune media player?

Honestly I haven't tried anything yet. I just found it. And went to the forums and this site. thank you for all your help no matter what happens.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No not really. just wanting to know if I should try to charge it. I'm an old lady and not familiar with new electronics. I would just like to recover the music my son downloaded for me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there and which version is it running?

Please let me know

My computer is an HP running Windows 10.

Thank you

Connect the Zune to your computer and then click on the Folder icon at the bottom of your screen. This is the icon that is yellow that takes you to your list of files.

Once there, click on This PC, then go to Drives and Devices on the right.

There you should see the Zune and if so can access the music directly on it.

Let me know please how you go