I just reset my tab, but it requesting."Enter the recovery…

Customer Question
I just reset my...

I just reset my tab, but it requesting."Enter the recovery key to get going again ( Keyboard Layout: US)

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

The brand is surface 2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I tried to log in with my password. I can't then I decided to rest my password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

All i want is how I can get the tab running as it was before. I did the reset on it,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The full message you are seeing should be "BitLocker: Enter the recovery key to get going again."

This means that the Surface is protected by Bitlocker and you will need to enter the Bitlocker recovery key.

When you first enable BitLocker, you are asked to create a recovery key.

This is the key that must be entered now to reset the Surface tablet.