I cannot connect to my wireless printer. Just a moment

Customer Question
I cannot connect to...

I cannot connect to my wireless printer

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Just a moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know whet is the make and model of the printer?

It is a hp 8600
no. not securely connect

May I know from which device you are trying to print? Is it through the computer or Smartphone?

The computer

Do you have any wifi network in your home? The reason why I am asking is we can try to connect the printer to the wifi network and we can install the driver to the printer.

I have wifi. Always worked before.

Now try this following step on the printer, inorder to connect the printer to the WiFi network

1. Make sure you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
  2. On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.

Note: Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon, depending on the product model.

3. Select your wireless network's name from the list.
  4. If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
  5. Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.

Once you connected the printer or If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Nothing worked. Thanks anyway.

How far is your printer and your wifi router? What is the exact error message you are getting when you tried to connect the printer and router using wifi?