My computer states my battery is not charging. What does…

Customer Question
My computer states my...

My computer states my battery is not charging. What does that mean and what can I do? Thanks,

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device isn't charging?

My computer states that my battery is not charging even though it acknowledges that it is plugged in. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Envy x360 TouchSmart

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is my only issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Please let me know more about the issue so I can best assist you. Also any error messages you're seeing as well

No

Also, what is the age of the laptop

3 years

Okay. There's either 3 things causing this. I listed the possibilities below. I can fix 2 of these, but can advise on the other one if needed:

1) There's a static buildup in the computer and the battery is not charging

2) The charging was turned off on the computer and needs to be reset

3) The lithium-ion battery is losing charge and needs replacement.

Let me know if you'd like me to help with the first steps and we can proceed