The monitor does not come on. I've been having problems

Customer Question
The monitor does not...

The monitor does not come on. I've been having problems lately but sometimes rebooting helps the situation. Not today. Monitor is 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

The screen will not appear

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell 23 Monitor S2340L XP 8700

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

In the past few weeks or so, I just did not shut down....only sign off. But last night I did shut it down by mistake. It will not come on this a.m. I only tried to reboot...shut all electrical and restart.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I know that the screen image was losing some quality lately.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

There's a few things to test to figure out exactly the issue for this. The biggest one would be does that monitor work on another computer at all? Also, please tell me more about when the problem first started and how

I would normally shut down the computer every night. Not sure if this was the proper thing to do. Then someone told me just to "sign off" and not shut down. I was having problems with start up in that the monitor wouldn't come on. I would shut down all electrical and just re-boot and that worked for a while. Last night I accidently shut down the computer and this a.m. it will not come on. I notice some quality issues on the monitor lately...some white cloud-like images near the top.

I see. This is with the Dell monitor, correct?

I did update the my cc info.
Waiting.....

I can help you on this chat. Have you seen anything else other than the cloud-like images on the dell monitor recently?

Also, do you have another power or video cable you can test on it?

I entered my card correctly. What's the $39.00 charge. I thought it was $5.00
Let me know where we are at??

The $39 charge is for this question and chat answer. The $5 is part of that charge

Did you see my questions about the monitor issue already?

is it $5.00 or $39.00? I can use another card..

$39

Have you seen anything else other than the cloud-like images on the dell monitor recently?