I have a virus. Toshiba Qosmio desk top. Just today I

Customer Question
I have a virus ...

I have a virus

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Toshiba Qosmio desk top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Toshiba? What have you tried so far?

Just today I contacted Telstra and was told to contact Toshiba as it was not a technical problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The screen on the computor has a recording that if i don't phone the 1800 number within 5 minutes my computor will shut down I keyed in the number and its a scam but I cant remove it fromm the computor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

Microsoft and Apple do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.
Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their malware removal “services”

close the fake screen popup by pressing Alt and F4 keys together then you run a computer scan.