How do I print screen with a MK850 keyboard please, Canon…

Customer Question
How do I print...

How do I print screen with a MK850 keyboard please

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MG2560

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG2560?

I bought a new mk850 mouse keyboard comb yesterday, & cant find how to print screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes what are the 3 buttons on the left of the mouse & the button behind the mouse wheel, also how do I change the mouse battery, please

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
As for printing a screen, that function (in its most direct usage) went out with DOS.

Windows' equivalent function, is to first do a screen capture by holding Shift key, and pressing the PrtSc key (usually at upper right more or less, on a keyboard - to get an image of the screen into a file, or into the Copy/Paste buffer at least), then immediately, go to (for example) the

Paint

program, and then click in the new file area in Paint, and hold Ctrl and press V once. That Pastes the screen image into the Paint program, from which it can be printed with

File

Print

or it can be saved to a file, also, by File - Save As.

Does that answer your question about the function of 'printing screen' ?

There is not a print screen button on the keyboard

It is usually labeled with a

PrtSc

or PrtScrn

Let me look up that keyboard's layout and find it for you... if it is not a very rare keyboard that lacks that key!

There none of the keys you suggest it is a Logitech MK850 keyboard

On that keyboard, perhaps the Insert key (just to the right of the backspace) may serve that function.

Try Shift-Insert, go to the Paint program, click in the blank document there, do Ctrl-V, see if the screen's image appears there.

OK will try that thanks

I may confirm: the MK850 keyboard has the PrtScrn function in the Insert key - thus the 'camera' icon there, to 'take a snapshot of the screen'.

Do you also need info about the mouse buttons, and putting new batteries in the mouse?

The mouse buttons are customizable - with the Logitech software that comes with the MK850, presumably.

As for replacing the battery, there is one battery in it (either AA or AAA, I saw it specified while looking up keyboard info, but cannot find the reference and cannot remember it clearly) - and that usually is accessed either by removing a hatch on the underside, or by pushing in an odd (and rather difficult-to-do) way on the top part of the mouse and sliding it.

Telling you the details of the battery replacement is made difficulty by their being no manual! or none on Logitech's site that I have yet found.