The battery is deed and it will not charge. Surface first…

Customer Question
The battery is deed...

The battery is deed and it will not charge

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device isn't charging?

Surface first generation I think

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Surface 64 GB Windows 8 pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have not been using it at all for a year and I have only tried to charge it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I trying to look for the model

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/6/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your Surface will charge and work normally again. Disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds,then release. Wait a few seconds then press the power button normally to power on. Let me know if any changes occur.