My new E575w printer used up all the cyan ink, even though I…

Customer Question
My new E575w printer...

My new E575w printer used up all the cyan ink, even though I only printed in black. Now it won't print in black and is asking for another cyan cartridge. Is there a way to get it to print in black? I don't need cyan.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

No. Nothing told me I need to run a self-cleaning cycle, nor how to do it. I need instructions

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

I just wiped the metal contacts on the printer and cartridges with a soft new sheet of Kleenex. No change (the contacts were working fine until the cyan cartridge ran out, so I guess that was a desperation ploy). The printer does some other weird things like not recognizing paper sizes without a manual reset every time and defaulting back to letter size surprisingly fast when I am printing legal size papers. If I correct the cyan cartridge disable, will I be able to disable the automatic default so as to leave the printer ready to print the last size paper being used?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I have for now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/6/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris