I saved over a PPT file by accident. Power point. Windows 10…

Customer Question
I saved over a...

I saved over a PPT file by accident

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Power point

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 XPS 15 9550

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/6/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Ruben G., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Ruben G.
Ruben G., Computer Support Specialist
It is possible to recover a “temp” version of your PowerPoint prior to saving over it. Try this:Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.In the Search Results dialog box, type ppt*.tmp under Search for files or folder named, and then click Search Now.If a file that matches the search criteria is found, right-click the file, and then click Rename. You can give the file any name that you want, but you must give it a ".ppt" extension.Double-click the file that you renamed to open it in PowerPoint. If it is the file that you want to recover, click Save As on the File menu, give the file the name that you want for your presentation, select the folder where you want to save it, and then click Save.NOTE: If you receive an error message when you are attempting to open the file, then the presentation cannot be recovered with this method.