Nothing's wrong with my computer, but my Microsoft account.

Customer Question
Hey there ! nothing's...

Hey there ! nothing's wrong with my computer, but my Microsoft account. I have a new device, a laptop and was trying to log in for word skype etc. I know it is kinda my own fault but I am the most useless person with paswords, and couldn't remember my password ***** the first place. I tried couple of times but the problem is, I cant verify myself cause I lost my phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Mmm I don't know

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

I managed to log into skype, I updated it probably about three weeks ago. But everything else, I cant manage my account or log in to anything else I have had this problem before, is there any other way to do the verifying because most of the time I don't own a telephone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/6/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to access other Microsoft applications like word because you don't remember the password ***** this case we can try to reset the password ***** your Microsoft account please follow the below steps in order to reset your password:

• Go to the https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.

• Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.

• Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.

• If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password. Learn more about security info and security codes.Let me know if it works for you