Just purchased my ASUS laptop 2 weeks ago. Received an email…

Customer Question
Just purchased my ASUS...

Just purchased my ASUS laptop 2 weeks ago. Received an email this morning about the 500GB storage offer. As I'm trying to set this up, I was asked for my ASUS ID and a password. I don't recall setting up an ASUS ID or password. However, when I tried to set up as a new account, it said my email address was already in the system.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes. My phone. I've tried to reset the password, but get a "failed" message

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I'm not sure because I don't remember even setting up a login.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please let me know the model number of your ASUS laptop.

Q405U
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me check this and I will let you know.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

May I know the email address that you are trying to register.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you please provide me with the URL you visit to sign up?

I've decided not use the ASUS cloud storage. I decided to upgrade my Google Drive. Thanks for your time.
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!