My yahoo account has been hacked and i cannot get into it to…

Customer Question
My yahoo account has...

My yahoo account has been hacked and i cannot get into it to change my password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I got a new phone yesterday and i was trying to set it up on the new phone and it wouldn't allow me to change my password ***** i did remember the password. i called Yahoo and the lady told me that it had been hacked to a porn site. she then connected me to the 365 Help Desk and they said i would have to pay $167

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i am good....this does not cost any $$$s, correct?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The number that you called is actually a scam company who is not associated with Yahoo at all.

What is the email address?

************.com

not paying $39

This is a paid service.

Do you wish to continue?

no, thank you and please do not charge my credit card the $5.00 thank you

Sure -- best of luck with recovering the account.