I am facing a huge problem. my hotmail account was blocked.

Customer Question
Hi, i am facing...

Hi, i am facing a huge problem. my hotmail account was blocked. the problem is, i am not using my account that often. however, i am using it for banking purposes. i cannot remember who i'd send emails to, or what the subject lines were!, so when i try to recover my email account, it gets rejected because i am not providing enough detail. the recovery phone number is ***** South African number, and I am working and living in UAE. I am really desperate because I cannot access my bank account from here now! please, please help me, I am desperate.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Hotmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

My hotmail is blocked

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No, its because i haven't used it in a very long time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just help me please

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

about 6 months ago

Thanks

If you now try to sign into your account, what is the message you get?

It looks like someone else might be using your account
To help you – and only you – get back into***@******.***, we need to verify that it's yours.
Hi, i am facing a huge problem. my hotmail account was blocked. the problem is, i am not using my account that often. however, i am using it for banking purposes. i cannot remember who i'd send emails to, or what the subject lines were!, so when i try to recover my email account, it getsrejected because i am not providing enough detail. the recovery phone number is ***** South African number, and I am working and living in UAE. I am really desperate because I cannot access my bank account from here now! please, please help me, I am desperate.

ok, have you tried calling the number in South Africa to see if someone answers?

Please let me know

What are you saying?????? please read my request!!!!!

Hi thee

Yes I am reading your request, especially where it says

the recovery phone number is ***** South African number, and I am working and living in UAE

Did you see my last message to you?

I will repeat

have you tried calling the number in South Africa to see if someone answers?

Please let me know

what number??????
i am from south africa, and i am working in the uae. my phone is with me. i do not have roaming. i cannot use my phone to access my recovery blah, blah!

I have decided to opt out of working with you further, I will now be leaving this conversation.

You will be notified when another expert takes over your request

Thank you

Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello I also had this problem.

I had to call back to the cell phone provider in SA and askthem to activate SMS roaming. Then put my SA SIM back in my phone so that I could receive SA SMS'

i emailed my provider in SA and is now hoping for the best

Howzit good luck with that. emailing anyone here is a hit & miss as you know. I'm with MTN. As I said, when it happened to me I called the provider in SA from abroad and they activated the SMS roaming for me.

​Failing that, what you would then need to do is courier your SA SIM back to SA. Then someone can receive your code and send it to you. Otherwise you'd then have someone put it in their SA phone and activate the SMS roaming feature and send the SIM back to you.

Howzit did you come right?

No luck. if only I can contact Microsoft to reset my password ***** Hotmail, but there is no way to contact them. I opened my Hotmail 15 years ago, and I cannot remember the answers to the security questions! I am willing to go through a lie detector test if that is want they want! I am really desperate!!

Howzit the problem is that Hotmail is a free service unless you paid for it as a business service in the first place. MS don't offer any support so unfortunately we have to try to Macgver this.

Unfortunately you are stuck in a catch-22

Did you get a hold of your provider in SA?

Did you consider sending your SIM card back to SA?