I have received a email from microsoft warning me that my…

Customer Question
I have received a...

I have received a email from microsoft warning me that my account could be closed down,unless i verify my email and password.My password ***** always been my middle name,but it willnot be accepted.when i try to changr it i am then asked to finish a alternative email,of which i have no idea about,

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

A ipad

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The email is a scam. This person was not working for Microsoft and Microsoft would never email you like this.
This is what is known as "phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your account.
Basically what they will do is call a email and say that you have problems. Any actual problems you have will be entirely coincidental.

Next they get you to click a link and try to sign in. It is via this you give them your account details and they then hack your account

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever email you like this. Your account does not expire.

Since you already tried to sign in they now have you details, so I advise you asap to change your password.

You can use this link to change your password

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thank you

I tried what your advised but when I try to change my password ***** ask me to complete a alternate password ***** which I have no idea about
I would prefer if you gave me instructions

Hi there

When you reset your password, it will send it to a recovery account

Do you still have access to this?