Cannot get picture but can hear the other person with a lot…

Customer Question
Cannot get picture but...

Cannot get picture but can hear the other person with a lot of back noise

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

My computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell all in one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just started call a friend he could see me and hear me I could hear him but only had a stationary picture his sign in picture

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

It sounds like you may be using Skype. The issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To rule out your network as a possible cause, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result, and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Do you still need assistance?