Unable to sign on. says my password is incorrect. have not…

Customer Question
Unable to sign on...

Unable to sign on. says my password ***** ***** have not changed it.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

First screen when you turn the computer on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell inspiron 660s. windows

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your Inspiron?

Dont know. 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates. just trying to log on and cant go anywhere.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

3

If you are using a Microsoft account to login to your Windows computer, please follow the steps below :

• open up the following link on your current computer: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and Click I forgot my password ***** then click Next.
  • Enter the email the one you use to log in to Windows 10 and the captcha code provided, and then click Next.
  • Follow the on-screen instruction and you will be able to reset and create a new password ***** your Microsoft account.
  • Next, please use the newly created password ***** the login screen, on your computer.

If you're not using a Microsoft account, Please download Windows 10 ISO file from : https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 and burn it into a Blank DVD then follow the step by step instructions in the link below :

https://4sysops.com/archives/reset-a-windows-10-password/

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

I cannot get to any location on the computer. the first screen that comes up when you turn on the computer asks for a password. my password ***** ***** working.

You must use another computer to reset your Microsoft password ***** to download the ISO image.

Thank you

how would you access the computer remotely? what info would you need to do that?

You are referring to the automated offer from our system. There is no way to remote into your computer because it is locked, I am sorry for any confusion.

Please try solution 1 and/or 2 then let me know the results,

Hope it works out

Thank you

I can't get this to work. Please process a refund of the $47.