Just received a call from Microsoft, wanting to sell us a 10…

Customer Question
Just received a call...

Just received a call from Microsoft, wanting to sell us a 10 or 20 year plan for security. Worried that this is a scam

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

We have a Toshiba laptop, they called and said that we had a security problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

Not sure what your asking for,

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 8, but updated to a 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to know if Microsoft calls customers to sell them security. $600.00 for 10 years

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus call by a malicious party and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call and provide fake alerts/popups to try and trick users into allowing them access to their PCs and paying for their scam "services."

Microsoft will never call users on their own unless their services are specifically requested. Your system is just fine as long as you do not communicate with these parties or allow them access in any way; just ignore these types of calls and emails as they come.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,