I just tried to change a document that is read only. How do…

Customer Question
I just tried to...

I just tried to change a document that is read only. How do I save it and make it a document I can change in the future?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

WordPerfect X7

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp laptop 15-bs033cl 64 bit operating system x 64 based processor

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 15?

Where do I find that information?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your 15? Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 10 updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

By default, it should save it not as read only. Which file type are you choosing to save it in?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason