I keep having an error when I put a device in the USB port…

Customer Question
I keep having an...

I keep having an error when I put a device in the USB port on my Lenova Yoga 910 I just bought a new mouse and it will not recognize but when I put the Bluetooth adaptor in my USB3.0 hub it recognizes the mouse

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Its a Logitech mouse M535 that I have used before on this laptop just bought a new one

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Deleted usb device reinstalled device driver it works from the USB 3.0 side just not the main USB port

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I had this same issue the other day with my IPhone cord I saw some options on line about running an optimizer to fix issues but wanted to check with Lenova first

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you connect the mouse to a different computer, is it recognized there?

Please let me know

also on same computer when I plug into a usb c 4 port hub adapter

ok.. so when it is connected directly into the Yoga, that is the only time it is not recognized.

Is this correct?

That is correct. And some other devices such as a WD external hard drive are recognized. I did have a previous Logitech M535 that was recognized. I bought the same model replacement but it is not recognized.

Thanks

Disconnect the power cable and power off the Yoga

Then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Once done, connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it then functions please.

Same response. Last Usb device not recognized

Did it ever recognize it?

Not the new one but it did recognize the previous mouse of the same model.

ok, on the adapter you connected it to that worked on the Yoga with this problem mouse, is it powered with its own power supply?

No external power

but the mouse did work via this adapter on this Yoga?

Is it working on any ports on the Yoga?

it works on the usb-c port adapter

yes but what about a different USB port on the Yoga?

The yoga only has one USB 3.0 port

yes but the mouse works on USB 2

There is no usb 2 port. Yoga 910 has a Usb 3 and two Usb c

ok, being a USB 3 is likely then to be the issue, you will have to use the Adapter to use it, it is the only reason left as we have completely ruled out any other causes for this.

But why did a previous mouse of the same model work.

The exact same model did work before on it?

I lost the adapter on Saturday and I bought another same model and it doesn’t recognize. I have both mice. They are same model listed on label.
I thought Usb 3 recognized Usb 2 devices.

It does but can have issues, but if you say the exact model worked before then

I want to do a system restore please to before saturday

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please