I am replacing the hard drive of my Q304UA lap top .and need…

Customer Question
I am replacing the...

I am replacing the hard drive of my Q304UA lap top .and need a copy of the rcovery image. Can I get one sent to me ? How much would it cost.

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Laptop Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Can I have the recovery image sent to me so that it can be instaled on my new disc? If its ok I cangive you the serial # of the devise

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Its ASUS laptop Mod Q304UA - BH15T11. OS is windows 10 Home edition 64bit

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

The hard drive failed and was poorly replaced by warranty, So I am replacing it with an SSD

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Need to know the cost and how soon it could be sent

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello this is a tricky question. You can't buy a recovery image to put on your SSD. The image is created at the factory. You can, however buy recovery media which you can use (on some laptops) to recover the computer. This effectively rolls back the laptop to bare bones ie how it would be bought from the shop.

You can go to this website whom are the official vendor for ASUS recovery media click me

You need the serial number of your ASUS computer to see if your laptop is valid for a recovery medial purchase