I lost almost every program to a vicious virus, had to clean…

Customer Question
I lost almost...

I lost almost every program to a vicious virus, had to clean my hard drive with the Geek Squad. Need to re-install my Nuance Dragon Pro. But I lost several hours of upgrading my voice, etc. Do you have any of that in your files?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

It is a Hewlett Packard laptop with 7th generation Intel Core 15 processor. Is that enough info?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your hp?

I have installed Apache Open Office 4.1.2 , can read and send my Yahoo emails, on Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just hate to start over with the Dragon. He was doing a good job with my 91 year old voice!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you referring to your profile on the computer, the dragon profile you sign in with?

Please let me know

Thank you

I have asked a simple question and have been sent all over the place and charged 47 dollars for nothing. I have learned the answer is "no" and will proceed from there. The operator did not realize that I did not ask a technical questions
and was not seeking technical support. My experience has not been pleasant, and a five dollar charge to answer a simple yes or no type question was high, but I thought I would pay it and be done with it, but then I was told I had to pay 42 dollars more for the answer. Please see that a refund is credited to my credit card account. Thank you. Enoch
Dear *****, This matter is not about you or your ability. The mix up was in the beginning and I just did not realize that I was in a complex system that it is hare to get out of. I hope It can be settled with the front office amicably. Thanks anyway. E