I cannot access anything on YouTube suddenly. It says The…

Customer Question
I cannot access anything...

I cannot access anything on YouTube suddenly. It says The address wasn’t understoodFirefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.You might need to install other software to open this address.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Firefox?

Not sure ... last week I guess

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
RTSP:// is not a valid beginning to any web browser address.

If links to YouTube programs are coming up like that, your computer has probably got a virus. This sort of thing is so uncommon that I think there's no other conclusion to come to - though I might change that judgment with further data on the specifics of the case.

Also, you could try a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, or Edge, or Safari perhaps) and see if it also is objecting to RTSP when you try to access a YouTube page - or not.

If another browser objects similarly to Firefox's objection, then the 'virus infection' is probable... if the other browser works fine and doesn't mention RTSP, then you probably have a corrupted Firefox browser and should uninstall Firefox, restart your computer, then reinstall Firefox (from www.mozilla.org/firefox ).

- Does this help, and answer your question? let me know, and I will advise you further as needed.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)